An exclusive Xymox manufacturing process produces the industry’s highest quality polyester tactile domes in the graphic layer. This provides switch users with a keypad that has strong, uniform tactile feel and a choice of standard or high temperature performance at an affordable price. And the combination of in-house manufacturing and design means shorter lead times.
Polyester Dome Tactile Switches Features and Benefits
- Dual Purpose - when the dome is formed in the overlay itself, the dome switch helps the user identify the key location and provides tactile feedback.
- Consistency - thanks to our in house designed and manufactured equipment, we can produce a consistent dome switch from keypad to keypad and order to order.
- Withstands High Temperature - because we use a proprietary forming process developed in-house, the polyester is molecularly reshaped into the geometry of the dome, thus the “memory” of the plastic sheet is in the geometry of the dome.
- Crisp Tactile Feel - due to the process and the dome geometries developed, we can ensure a firm “snap” throughout the specified life of the switch.
- Reliability - tested beyond 2 million actuations.
- Design Flexibility - We can custom design our dome switches to meet any of our customers requirements . And additional domes on a given part can be added with little or no increase to the piece price.
Specifications of Polyester Dome Tactile Switches
- Life Cycles: >2,000,000
- Operating Force (see chart below)
- Switch Thickness: .025 - .050” Typ.
- Switch Travel: .025 - .037” Typ.
- Electrical Characteristics (Switch Circuit)
- Contact Resistance: varies proportionately with part size, typically 100 ohms or less. Resistance values are typical through the life of the switch.
- Open Circuit Resistance: 5x106 ohms minimum.
- Contact Rating: 30 DVC maximum,100mA maximum, 1 watt maximum
- Contact Bounce: 10ms nominal, 20ms maximum at 2,000,000 activation cycles.
|STD TEMP DOME||HIGH TEMP DOME|
|Storage||-40°C to 65°C||-40°C to 85°C|
|Operating||-40°C to 65°C||-40°C to 70°C|
Standard Dome Offering for Graphic Domes
Round Graphic Domes
|0.300”||3005L||10 - 12||±3|
|3005R||14 - 16||±3|
|3007H||16 - 18||±3|
|0.375”||3755L||10 - 12||±3|
|3757R||15 - 17||±3|
|3757H||22 - 24||±4|
|0.400”||4005L||10 - 12||±3|
|4007R||14 - 16||±3|
|4007H||22 - 24||±4|
|0.440”||4405L||10 - 12||±3|
|4407R||16 - 18||±3|
|4407H||22 - 24||±4|
|0.500”||5005L||9 - 11||±3|
|5007R||16 - 18||±3|
|5007H||23 - 25||±4|
Oval Graphic Domes
|0.300” x 0.600”||30605||9 - 10||±3|
|30607||13 - 15||±3|
|0.350” x 0.700”||35705||9 - 10||±3|
|35707||16 - 17||±3|
|0.400” x 0.600”||40605||9 - 10||±3|
|40607||14 - 16||±3|
- The material used in each case is polyester. Polycarbonate is not recommended because of its limited life cyclability.
- Data is based on the use of a printed texture on the faceplate surface. This adds about .001” to the thickness of the graphics layer. If no texture is used, you can expect a slight decrease to the nominal force.
- Actuation force measurements for round domes are based on standard Xymox test methods. A flat tipped nylon actuator that is half the dome diameter is used to measure force.
- For actuation forces on oval domes .600” in length and below, force is measured with a flat tipped nylon actuator that is half the dome width. For ovals greater that .600” length, force is measured with a .250'' diameter nylon tip.